Information I Collect
Why I Need Your Information And How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
– if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
– as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
– Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as print on demand companies and delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
– Payment processing service providers such as PayPal and Stripe. In order to capture your payment, I will share your personal information with payment processing service providers in order to ensure a safe and secure payment, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
– Email marketing service provider. If you signed up for my email newsletter, I will share your personal information with the email marketing service provider I use to send you emails, but only to the extent necessary to perform this service.
– Analytics software service. In order to improve my products and services to serve you better in the future, I collect and share information with an analytics software (Google Analytics), only to the extent permitted by law.
– Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
– Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
In order to fulfill your order, in certain cases I must transfer your personal information to third-party service providers such as print on demand companies and delivery companies outside of the EU. I may collect, store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on the Privacy Policies and Terms of Service of my third-party services such as Printful, Gooten and Google Analytics as the legal basis for the transfer.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
– Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
– Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
– Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Shawn Flanigan, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.